Wednesday 12 October 2016

Dell iDRAC virtual media via remote console won't connect with error Channel Access Denied

Connecting the virtual media in a Dell iDRAC remote console fails with the error seen below. We had the latest firmware and tried the ActiveX and HTML5 consoles, but the problem was still there.


After inspecting the SSL certificate you can see that the date is invalid for some reason, we saw this on a new Dell server!

The solution is to reset the SSL certificate on the iDRAC with these commands:

racadm -r 192.168.0.120 -u root -p calvin sslresetcfg


racadm -r 192.168.0.120 -u root -p calvin racreset soft

Don't forget to change the iDRAC IP address, username and password to match your setup.
This process takes about 5-10 minutes to complete.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have a R630 with iDRAC 8 and I have the same problem: Channel Access Denied appears whenever I try to connect che Virtual Media. After seeing this post, I had a look at my certificate but the date looked good to me. Anyway I resetted the certificate but still no luck...

    The curious thing is that I have another server, an older R620 with iDRAC 7, and the virtual media feature works perfect.

    Any other suggestion about this?

    ReplyDelete